Assistance Dogs of the West (ADW) builds successful working partnerships between clients and dogs that empower people and open doors to new opportunities. ADW’s compassionate training approach facilitates the deepest possible bond between humans and animals, and models best practices in social-relationship interactions.
Position Title: Office Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Reports to: Client Liaison/Grant Writer & CFO/Director of Operations
The Office Coordinator provides support to ADW staff, donors, students, clients, volunteers, vendors, stakeholders and others having business with the company. This role requires a love of dogs and a desire to help people of all abilities.
The essential functions listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed; the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to be completed by the position.
- Clerical duties: answering the phone, data entry, filing, email correspondence, mailing program information/newsletters, managing correspondence, scan & archive, shredding and related general office duties
- Manage the after school and summer camp programs to include: tracking registration, maintaining all student paperwork, tracking and processing payment and tracking rosters
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Maintain and organize filing system and office cleanliness
- Coordinate organizational calendar with ADW staff
- Maintain and update donor database and generate donations thank-you letters
- Maintain database accuracy as well as records for student, clients, constituents, mailing lists, etc.
- Respond to prospective client inquiries – provide specific program information
- Assist with coordinating special events
- Other duties as assigned by a member of the ADW staff
- Represent ADW at community events
- Participate in continuing education relative to the position
- Adhere to ADW dog care and training standards
- Assist with dog care, kennel care and cleaning
- Other duties as assigned by management
This job operates in a professional office environment, dog kennels, and surrounding areas
Education, Experience and Competencies
- Proficiency with computers (Mac & PC) specifically Microsoft Word & Excel and online CRM (client relationship manager)
- Self-motivated and self-reliant
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Able to work independently and with the group
- Outstanding oral and written communication prowess
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment that requires great flexibility and adaptability
- Team player
- Graphic/Website design and social media Marketing experience helpful, but not required
Leadership and Communication Skills
Ability to communicate effectively with donors, students, clients, volunteers, vendors, stakeholders and others having business with the company
Must exercise professionalism and maintain a high level of confidentiality
Desire and patience to work with people with disabilities with empathy, not sympathy
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and maintain current vehicle insurance.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential and marginal job duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of ADW that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment without regard to the individual’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (transgender status), domestic partner status, marital status, disability, AIDS/HIV status, height, weight or any other protected group status as defined by law.