ADW is deeply committed to a process of initiating client interactions by understanding your unique abilities no matter what your medical or facility needs. Please note that ADW does not train leader dogs for people who are blind or have a visual impairment, hearing dogs for people who are deaf or have a hearing impairment, or allergen detection dogs. See our Apply for a Dog page for more information about eligibility for an ADW dog.
We train service dogs for:
- Mobility challenges caused by multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, accidents, etc.
- Veterans with PTSD, Traumatic brain injuries and combat injuries, etc.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders and other Developmental Disabilities
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Seizure Disorders
ADW facility dogs work with handlers without disabilities and assist with interventions in:
- Occupational, psychiatric, psychological, speech, play and physical therapy practices
- College libraries
- Drug treatment centers
- Judicial Districts
- Child Advocacy Centers and CASA programs